Just as an introduction, a challenge run takes the idea of playing a game and adds some type of challenge to that run of the game. There are many different types of challenge runs, such as:
- Difficulty – play through the game on the highest difficulty possible
- No Hit/No Death/No Damage – playing through the game without getting hit, dying, or taking damage
- Speed – Getting to the final screen of the game in the fastest time possible
- Collection – Trying to find and collect all of the collectables that are defined in the game.
In Progress Runs
All in progress runs are games that I periodically go back to to try and complete, but have not been successful yet. Each game has a Personal Best (PB) associated with it.
These are all games that I am planning on learning or actually attempting the specific challenge listed.
- Death’s Door – No Hit
- Maid of Sker – Hard – All Dolls – No Death
- Dark Souls 2 – No Hit/SL1/Bow Only
- Elden Ring – No Hit
- Elden Ring – All Dragons / All Legendaries
- DS2 + ER Marathon (All Content)
- Resident Evil Village Hardcore
Challenge Run Terms
- No Death – Player cannot die at all during the play-through
- No Hit – Player cannot be hit by any enemy or trap during the play-through, this absolutely includes blocking, but not perfect parrying with a shield. There is an entire community of runners that focus on this challenge: https://www.teamhitless.com/
- No Damage – Player cannot take any damage in any way during the play-through. This includes from any effect, fall damage or other environmental factor as well damage from an enemy
- No Leveling – Completing a play-through with the lowest level starting character possible in the game and then completing the game without leveling the character at all
- Weapon Specific – Completing a play-through using a specific weapon, usually a bad one and usually without leveling the weapon, but leveling the character is accepted
- Difficulty Increase – Completing a play-through at a higher level of difficulty either at the beginning of the game or through the use of a second New Game, NG+ or higher. Each game has its own options. For example, most of the Soulsbourne game do not have a mechanism to change the difficulty at the beginning, but other games, like Jedi Fallen Order do.
Let's continue the Lore + Paintings + Legendaries run right now over atRead More
Back into the Lore + Paintings + Legendaries run for @ELDENRING. Come stop by:Read More
Chapter 5 and beyond of the new @deadspace challenge run: Plasma Cutter only on Hard difficulty. Come stop by:Read More
Day 1 Challenge run for @deadspace begins now. Plasma Cutter only on HARD difficulty. Come stop by to see all the shenanigans:Read More
Having a lot of fun with the Lore + Paintings + Legendaries run in @ELDENRING. Come stop by to see more right now:Read More